Tuesday, May 5, 2009


We've finally moved! Thought it would never happen. Some of you know our story of moving but in short, it took us 3 years to move. YIKES!

We chose a home that was obviously waiting for us. The funny thing is, we were not going to even look at it. My husband and I joked that it was the 2nd ugliest house in the neighborhood. There is a whole story behind that. I'll share that one another time.
This house is nothing what I expected us to buy. I like darker rich color brick. This has light. When you pull up to the house, the garage is presenting. I don't like that. But when we went in, it was different than the other houses that we have looked at. The layout works great for how we live and I look at things for what they can be. So, this was it... the house we've been looking for.
I can't wait to see how the house will change. How the good things will get better and the things I don't like will become better than I can imagine. It's going to be fun.

It's 10 years old and the original owners took very good care of it. But... did absolutely nothing to it. That's what makes it so great. It's Perfect! Being the "Do it Your-selfers" that we are, this might as well been a brand new house.

My most favorite thing to do is anything to our home. I am my best customer. HA! This simple, ordinary house is going to be transformed over time into our beautiful HOME. The changes that will evolve I will share with you and hope to inspire others to create their own beautiful homes. Say tuned to see the changes that we will go through.

The picture above is one I took just before we moved in July '08. This summer we will start to make changes to the outside. Currently we have been making big changes to the inside. Some big and some small. I will share soon. Here is a sneak peak...



Here is the kitchen. No window, basic oak stock cabinets and hunter green laminate counter tops. Very dark and cave like. This is the first area of change that we started this winter.


Subscribe to The Poppy Home to watch to changes and follow what is involved in a renovation.


No comments:

Post a Comment