Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Kitchen Reno... Kitchen Demo

As promised, I said that I would share the adventure of our "The Kitchen Remodel". Let's start with some before pictures of, in my opinion, dark and ugly kitchen. Now don't get me wrong. It works and love the size, but it wasn't pretty and it didn't utilize the space to it's potential. Lot's of waisted space. Did I mention it wasn't pretty? And it was like a cave. And how do you like the orange oak floors?
BEFORE ~



Joe and I are big DIY-ers. We have done everything ourselves in our other homes and plan to do it mostly in this one, but this project is different. This is a major task. There is a lot to consider in a renovation like this.

This time we hire the services of a Professional Kitchen Designer. I knew what I wanted and how I wanted it to look.

We decided to hire a designer because the programs are tough to figure out. Believe me I tried. And let me tell you, we are glad we did. The Kitchen Guy (that's what we'll call him), thought of things we would have never thought of with the day to day workings of a kitchen. He was patient and was able to take our thoughts and choices to create a beautiful kitchen.

It took us 3 weeks to finalize the plan.
Next, Joe wanted to make sure he had enough time to move plumbing and have any repairs done. So, the DEMO starts. Everything came out. The pantry closet was removed.




I will share out Kitchen Adventure as we go from the dark cave-like kitchen to ... Well, you'll have to wait and see.



































































When a project starts we always think it will take "X" amount of time. Well, with lots of projects over time we have learned it always takes 3 times longer than we expect. So, now when we start, we alot for that.











1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new blog! I hope you find blogging as fun and rewarding as I have. Can't wait to see your kitchen progress!

    ReplyDelete